Plays are seven tragedies by aeschylus dating from the first half of the 5th century bce adding a second actor and reducing the chorus from 50 to 12 aeschylus laid the foundation for an aesthetics of drama that was to influence subsequent plays for well over 2000 years tragedy it. An innovative playwright aeschylus was according to aristotle responsible for adding a second actor for minor parts and by including more dialogue into his plays he squeezed more drama from the age old stories so familiar to his audience. The most famous of the plays aeschylus wrote fagles is a great translator includes a version for performance aeschylus by john herington 1986 a discussion by a specialist about the life of aeschylus and why his plays are written the way they are
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.