On sophistical refutations by aristotle part of the internet classics archive. In aristotle the academy disputation the topics and the sophistical refutations belong to this early period the former demonstrates how to construct arguments for a position one has already decided to adopt the latter shows how to detect weaknesses in the arguments of others. Aristotle the great philosopher aristotle 384 322 bc was one of the greatest greek philosophers in this lesson we are going to examine one of his works on sophistical refutations. 4 there are two styles of refutation for some depend on the language used while some are independent of language those ways of producing the false appearance of an argument which depend on language are six in number they are ambiguity amphiboly combination division of words accent form of expression
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.