This book is an excellent introduction to the roman conquest of gaul the majority of the text centers on caesars campaigns for two reasons 1 the most detailed source we have about the conquest of gaul is caesars de bello gallico and 2 caesar conquered the vast majority of gaul earlier roman leaders only conquered a small portion of southern gaul. Gaius julius caesar 13 july 100 15 march 44 bce roman statesman general author famous for the conquest of gaul modern france and belgium and his subsequent coup dtat he changed the roman republic into a monarchy and laid the foundations of a truly mediterranean empire. Before the roman conquest by julius caesar 58 51 bc the name gaul corresponded to a cultural and military area founded on a common religion and federations of peoples who though that they had a common origin
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.