Influential conceptual artist lawrence weiner is known for his language based sculpture and works pursuing inquiries into language and a radical redefinition of the artist viewer relationship in pieces like a square removal from a rug in use 1969 or encased by reduced to rust 1986 the value exists in the idea read more. Lawrence weiners texts have appeared in all sorts of places over the last five decades and although he sees himself as a sculptor rather than a conceptualist he is among the trailblazers of the 1960s to present art as language. Lawrence weiner born february 10 1942 bronx new york us american conceptual artist best known for his text based installations and radical definitions of art he is considered a central figure in the foundation of the conceptual art movement of the 1960s weiner grew up in the south bronx and attended new york public schools
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.